Saturday 29th April 2017 – 7.30 PM – Imam Hasan Centre will be celebrating the Birthday’s of Imam Husayn A.S., Hazrat Abbas A.S. and Imam Zain-ul-Abeedin A.S.
7.30 PM Welcome
7.45 PM Presentation – Sheikh Imranali
8.15 PM Quiz – (Please read the details below to prepare) – Great Prizes
8.40 PM URDU Poetry
9.00 PM Dinner
MADRASSAH NEWS – TERM 2 STARTS 4.30 pM
Term 2 starts this Saturday at 4.30 PM
QUIZ 3rd SHA’BAN /29th APRIL QUIZ:
THE LIFE OF IMAM AL-HUSAYN (a.s) BEFORE KARBALA
We often hear about the noble sacrifice of Imam al-Husayn (a.s) during Karbala but how much do we know about his life before Karbala?
How did he find the courage to stand up to Yazid ibn Mu’awiyah? What training did he receive from Imam Ali (a.s)? How did he behave with people in his youth?
To answer these questions, Imam Hasan Centre will be holding a different type of quiz after the Lecture on Saturday 29th April.
- The goal of the quiz is to increase our knowledge on the life of Imam al-Husayn (a.s) by reading and then testing our knowledge via a quiz.
- The Quiz will be held at Imam Hasan Centre around 8.15PM
- Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd
- All are welcome to participate but must read the sources below before participating:
Most of the answers can be found here:
- ‘Hussein bin Ali’ by Dr. Jalali: http://alhassanain.org/english/?com=book&id=156 (read pages 7-14 only, in particular ‘aspects of his character’)
- ‘What non-Muslims say about Imam Husayn (a.s)’: https://www.al-islam.org/articles/personalities-what-non-muslims-say-about-husayn-third-successor-prophet-muhammad
|Islamic Date (DAY)||Program Date||Date||Time|
|Saturday 29th April||Birth of 3rd Imam Husayn A.S.
Birth of Hazrat Abbas A.S.
Birth of 4th Imam Zain-ul-Abedin A.S.
First day of Term 2 at IHS
|15th (night) Sha’baan||Thursday 11th May (night)||Shabe-Barat AAMAL Night (ARIZA)
Night of Birthday of 12th Imam Mahdi A.S.
|15th (day) Sha’baan||Saturday 13th May||
Birthday of 12th Imam Muhammad Al Mahdi A.S.
|Saturday 20th May||Dastarkhan – 12th Imam A.S.- Ladies’ program||7.30PM|
|1st (day) Ramadhan||Sunday 28th May||Ramadhan Timetable will be forwarded later|
|1st Shawwal||Monday 26th June||EID-ul-Fitr – Salaat – (check for confirmation)||7.30 AM|
Extra Quran Classes for IHS students
Imam Hasan Centre is offering Thursday evening Qur’an classes for new and existing IHS students who wish to improve their recitation. Thursday Qur’an classes intend to supplement the madrasah learning.
Classes will be taught by Sheikh Dr. Imranali Panjwani and Sister Amina Alimohamed.
For those interested, please contact Sheikh by email at Imranali.Panjwani@imamhasancentre.com.au or on mobile 0407 840 968.
Dua Kumayl Thursday 7.30pm
Salat-e-Juma Zohr Time
Madrassah Saturday 4.30pm – 7.30pm