Salaam Alaykum Dear ,
Juma-tul-Wida – Friday 15th June 2018 – Last Friday of Ramadhan – please attend Friday Juma prayers at 11.55 pm as it will be the last Friday of Ramadhan. Salaat will be lead by Sheikh Nami Farhat in English.
EID – UPDATE
No sighting in NSW Vic. Qld.
Imam Hasan Centre adheres to the jurisprudential rulings of his eminence Ayatullah Sistani – Marjae Taqleed.
First and foremost each person has the right to follow the rulings of their choice and we must keep in mind we are Brothers and Sisters in Islam.
We must respect each persons decision without making fun or derogatory remarks.
According to his eminence Ayatullah Sistani
1. The moon must be sighted by the naked eye (no assistance of instruments) in the local horizon.
2. If there is cloud or smoke blocking the sighting of the moon – where the moon would have met the requirements of sighting – it can be considered as sighted.
1. The moon must set well after Maghrib time for it to meet visibility requirements.
2. It must be above the considered angle of altitude for sighting to be possible (different based on your geography)
3. Today the moon was below 2 degrees just after 5.05 pm and set at 5.26pm.
When all of the above is considered sighting was not possible in Sydney this evening as the setting was at 5.26 pm and it had fallen below the altitude of visibility prior to Maghrib time.
Based on the above Imam Hasan Centre will be celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr on Saturday June 16, 2018.
Alhamdulillah the holy month of Ramadhan is nearly over, may Allah accept all our efforts in His way.
The final Friday prayer for the month of Ramadhan will be held tomorrow at 12pm.
Eid Prayers will be held on Saturday 16th June at 8.30am.
Breakfast will be followed by the announcement of the Gold and Platinum category winners of the IHS Quran Hifz Competition.
Winners must be present to collect their prizes!
The Silver category participants will be given their presents on Saturday 23rd June at Madrassah.
A jumping castle and KiddiFarm will be present for children, as well as a Pani Puri stall raising money for charity.
Imam Hasan School News
There will be no classes on Eid day, Saturday 16th June.
Classes will re-start on Saturday 23rd June at 4.30pm till 7.30pm.
Term 2 tests will be held in the last two weeks, so please do prepare children for the tests during the Eid break.
Last day of Term 2 will be Saturday 7th July.