Sheikh Nami will be presenting short courses in a HAWZA / University style.
The first course is – Topic: The Husseini symbolic rituals
Course 1 – Subject: Fiqh (jurisprudence)
Topic: The Husseini symbolic rituals
Duration: 6 weeks – Cost $100
Register by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
First class: 20/7/2019
Last class: 24/8/2019
• Definition of “Sha’ir” rituals
• Tatbir (self-flagellation) and its origin
• Is Tatbir considered a religious ritual?
• Evidence used for proving the rituals
• Chest beating in Muhuram
• Crying on Imam Hussein (as)
• The philosophy behind the reward mentioned in our books.
On the sixth week, each student must present their own research about the topic.
Lesson number one
Course: Husseini symbolic rituals
Topics: Fiqh (Jurisprudence), History, science of narrators (Ilm al-Rijāl)
- Linguistic definition of rituals
- Religious definition of rituals and the different views of scholars
- The name “Husseini rituals”
- The definition we follow for rituals
- The historical origins of Tatbir
- Narrations regarding Tatbir
- Mention the different religious views in defining rituals? Which one you believe to be more accurate?
- What is the definition you follow for rituals?
- What is historical origins of tatbir?
- How do you view the narrations that are found in our books regarding Tatbir?
- What is the meaning of the term “Mursal” in the science of Hadith?